Sensualism
a. the doctrine that the good is to be judged only by the gratification of the senses.
b. the doctrine that all ideas are derived from and are essentially reducible to sensations.
I started this blog a while back to jot down my thoughts on living a Sensual life. I am a hedonist and a sensualist, and I'm still trying to determine what each of those means to me. I live to create Art, or at least bring joy in some form or another to the people I meet for as long as I am able.
At least I try to. Sometimes intention is really fucking hard.
This is part of my journey to live a Sensual life. I am going to fill this bit of Internet with stories and random mind-droppings. I want to record the moments, the strangely comforting elements that make up my universe. I know this all sounds pretentious as hell, but I'll do my best not to be too dickish in my ruminations.
This will be a process. Some of these stories will start and stop and restart later, as I wish to be truthful to the narrative. Not everything here will necessarily fall into the purview of Sensuality as it is defined above, but I do believe that perception defines reality, and while I will try to maintain a sense of theme in my posts, I may just end up tossing whatever I feel like here. Such is the way with delirious dreamers sometimes...
Of course I could just be full of shit, but I hope at least that it is amusing shit. I suppose we'll find out together...
No comments:
Post a Comment